Product Auditor, MPA (McLaren Product Audit)
When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. We have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
As part of our Track25 business plan we will launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles and look to expand our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally.
Track 25 and McLaren Automotive' s growing reputation is testament to our world class employees. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront of the Automotive market, we are looking for a Product Auditor, MPA (McLaren Product Audit) to join our Quality Assurance team.
Purpose of the role:
To perform an in–depth inspection of vehicles released from Final Inspection (FI) ready for Vehicle Distribution, to ensure the quality of the product. Also to complete audits on competitor vehicles for benchmarking purposes.
- Performing an in–depth inspection audit of vehicles released from Final Inspection.
- Legislation Compliance Inspection.
- Paint Inspection.
- Exterior / Interior fit & finish inspection.
- Vehicle Function Check.
- Dynamic Vehicle Inspection.
- Reporting any concerns found back to managers and team members through audit review meetings post audit.
- Raising Quality Notification on all appropriate concerns.
- Inspecting vehicle reworks have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Signing off vehicles and releasing them back to Vehicle Distribution ready for shipment.
- Liaising with Vehicle Distribution ensuring that vehicles used for MPA inspection are not urgently required for shipping.
- Inputting and maintaining data within MS Access, Excel and PowerPoint documents for feedback to the business.
- Comfortable hosting MPA daily review meetings as required.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Significant level of expertise in an OEM or Tier One automotive environment.
- Expertise of working to processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Good understanding of Quality and Paint standards.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise shifting workloads and multiple programmes
- Ability to work methodically and logically.
- Ability to work well in a team or autonomously as required.
- Flexible when it comes to working hours.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.