We are seeking to recruit a Consultant Actuary for the Grant Thornton Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will work in areas such as reserving, Solvency II, risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling for Grant Thornton’s advisory and audit clients. The role will sometimes require working in other financial services areas such as banking and aviation finance.
The role is to work as part of a team of data scientists, actuaries and other financial services professionals to contribute to our clients’ success. The successful candidate will have exposure to a variety of jobs and will be required to work as part of a team. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career as well as exposure to industry specific developments such as IFRS 17 and data analytics.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and utilise this knowledge on assignments.
- Work in close proximity with team leaders and clients.
- Work to deliver to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to internal reporting requirements including the preparation of operational reports, management updates and client presentations.
Required skills and attributes:
- 3-4 years of experience in an actuarial capacity in either life or non-life insurance.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Working knowledge of actuarial software relevant to experience: Prophet, SAS, ResQ, etc.
- Interest in developing data analytics skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and clients.
- Making good progress with actuarial exams.
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills.
- Awareness of current developments in insurance.
- Exposure to Solvency II.
- Experience with R, Python or similar languages.
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Experience using version control software.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.