Financial Advisory Accounting Services - Finance Manager
FAAS (Financial Accounting & Advisory Services)
FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 6 years. We are a specialist team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions. Our experienced and multinational team operates across 4 key service lines as per the below;
- Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Income tax
- Company secretarial
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit file
- Tagging & filing
- Audit and Accounting Advisory
- Centralised coordinated audits
- Conversion to new accounting frameworks
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Technical accounting advice on new transactions
- Effective Financial Reporting
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- PMO Offering
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing including PTP, OTC and RTR
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for Shared Service Centre setup and implementation
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects such as:
Projects regarding the achievement of operational excellence through:
- Improvement in the financial statement close process through reduction in timelines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output
- Introduction of new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction of and monitoring of appropriate KPI’s
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the finance function through increased digitisation including the use of data analytics
- Provision of support and or control of monthly financial processes
Projects related to the design and implementation of the ‘right sized’ finance function:
- Feasibility of a SSC/GBS given the size of finance organisation at an entity
- Redesign of existing finance function responsibilities to achievement improvement where SSC/GBS is not feasible
- Transition management – assisting with the on-shoring or off-shoring of finance related processes
- Consideration of technology in the finance function including review and selection of enabling technology and implementation of the business process aspects of such technology
- Process redesign and implementation in relation to OTC, P2P, R2R
Projects which require diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues being highlighted by or to an entities key stakeholder group:
- Audit findings - whether statutory or SoX driven, entities find themselves in a position where as a result of an inspection significant deficiencies may be identified in business or finance processes.
- Data integrity – typically arising from foreign currency, inventory or intercompany, financial statement balances may be unexplainable, move in a counterintuitive manner or creating volatility or noise in the primary statements.
- Regulatory findings – arising from unexplained differences on Regulatory reporting or findings on client asset reviews, mis-selling of financial services products or non-adherence to BAU regulatory requirements, a rapid response is required to formulate a plan of remediation of the process and demonstrate improvement in circumstances prior to the next inspection.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- 5 -8 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment
- Appropriate professional qualification, which may be based in accounting or another appropriate discipline
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively.
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.