Tax Analyst - Manage Direct Tax (Mandarin Speaking)
- Quarterly calculation, recording and reporting of tax provisions, commentaries and effective tax rate reconciliation
- Annual preparation of draft returns and calculation of liabilities
- Payment estimate calculations and processing tax payments
- Develop professional working relationships with colleagues within the process and in the interface process across Finance Operations
- Operate Direct Tax process controls and report all control incidences
- Meet process metrics and implement necessary actions for countries in scope.
- Update work instructions as and when applicable and also at regular intervals as per Work Instructions policy guidelines
- Conduct variance analysis, reasonableness checks and reconciliations for standalone entities
- Configure Tax Data Request Template/Tax packs or Global Provisioning Tools and tax return tools
- Update local GAAP template, Tax Provisioning Tool master data or local tax calculation tool
- Collate information for enquiries from external auditors and authorities
- Support change management initiatives and contribute to successful go-live of tax migrations
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Comply to Shell Group records management & Information risk management procedures and manage the working papers and supporting documentation related to the tax returns
- Perform BLACKLINE analysis of tax accounts balances and clean up all tax accounts on regular frequency
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body or Bachelor Degree Major in Accounting & Finance with minimum 6 months -2 years relevant experience in Direct Tax
- Experience in Tax reporting, compliance
- Working Knowledge of SAP and MS Office
- Experience of working in a virtual environment is an added advantage
- Good communication, Stakeholder engagement & Analytical skills
- Can speak, write and read Mandarin (mandatory)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.