AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world–renowned festivals
AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high–profile sporting events
AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Finance Manger of the Rabobank Arena, Theater & Convention Center, Spectrum Amphitheater and Valley Children's Ice Center manages the financial planning and analysis functions for location and has cross functional involvement with each department at location in relation to business development, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure the company's financial goals are being addressed and are met.
• Develop annual budgets for each department for use within location and for reporting to Corporate. Consult with and advise General Manager and Director for each department regarding the outlook for the next fiscal year. Identify potential risks and opportunities that will affect the region or an individual business unit.
• Oversee and manage the month–end and year–end closing process.
• Work with outside auditors to complete the annual audit for City of Bakersfield & Corporate Office, additionally issue audited financial statements.
• Develop monthly reforecasts for use within location and for reporting to Corporate. Consult with and advise buyers and general managers for each business unit regarding the outlook for the balance of the year as well as provide feedback on actual results. Perform variance analyses for differences between forecast to forecast and forecast to budget.
• Manage and maintain internal controls and compliance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Box Office/Ticketing. Maintain compliance for tax reporting purposes.
• Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and oversee various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
• Prepare and/or review financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform and manage show–related activities – settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
• Act as key business development resource including consultation with General Managers and Director and incorporating such feedback into budgets and forecasts.
• Prepare financial statements for all events.
• Review and/or prepare bank reconciliation, account reconciliation and other analyses as needed.
• Ensure department policies & procedures are followed.
• Provide strategic and financial guidance to the local leadership team by performing and providing ad hoc analyses. Review and provide feedback on proformas for new deals or acquisitions.
• Prepare other financial reports and analyses as requested.
• Partner with Human Resources and Payroll Departments to ensure payroll is processed and recorded accurately.
• Supervise all members of the Accounting Department.
- A minimum of 3– 5 years of related work experience
- In depth knowledge of financial principles and key business indicators and metrics
- Solid accounting skills and thorough knowledge of basic bookkeeping tasks and skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem–solving skills
- Strong time management, organization with attention to detail and multi–tasking skills
- Experience with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to analyze financial information and prepare financial projections
- Ability to work laterally with other departments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of arena operations.
- Ability to think beyond financial matters
- Ability to work under above–average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- The successful candidate will have skill in personnel management, developing and implementing policies and procedures, effective training, and designing and implementing accounting, financial and Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables. Human resources systems and controls.
- Experience in personnel management, developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as accounting and financial systems and controls.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.