Senior Financial Accountant
The role is a newly created one. It is responsible for the external reporting of the group and tax compliance functions for the group of companies.
My client is a an ambitious company. They are based in Crawley and are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant with extensive reporting experience to join the team as soon as possible.
- Responsible for external reporting, including ownership of the annual and half year reporting process as well as leading the reporting to regulatory bodies and associated stakeholders.
- Management of the external audit process, including challenging the external auditors where required to optimise the business outcome whilst remaining compliant with accounting and auditing standards.
- Responsible for the review of monthly consolidated accounts before reporting to shareholders.
- Advising the CFO, Head of Finance and senior business management (as appropriate) on reporting matters.
- Advising the business on the technical accounting and reporting implications of business decisions.
- Assisting in the tender process for selecting new auditors and tax advisors.
- Key involvement in bond issuances and refinancing by group entities as appropriate.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- 1 to 2 years post qualified experience, preferably Big 4
- Experience managing teams
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and statutory consolidation procedures
- Experience working with external auditors
- Knowledge of tax accounting preferable, as is knowledge of SAP and reporting tools.
- Excellent communication skills
The chance to work for a high performing finance team in a newly created role on a 6 to 12 month contract.