Varied and exciting position within this newly created role.
Part of the Senior team your responsibilities will be varied and challenging, perfect for someone in the latter stages of study or a Finalist looking to sign off their qualification.
This business has recently gone over a small restructure, creating this new Group Accountant position in and amongst its regional head office.
They are a foreword thinking business which is able to provide excellent opportunities for growth and development. There is ample parking on site and also easy access to public transport as well.
The key aspects of the Group Accountant role based in Witney will be:
- Assist in the preparation of the statutory accounts and reporting for the consolidated accounts, and joint ventures driving completion of the statutory accounts in a timely manner
- Completes joint venture accounts monthly ensuring delivery of reporting packs for Joint Venture Boards
- Responsible for producing the capital budgets and forecasts, working in collaboration with budget holders to understand requirements
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting capital expenditure monthly, producing meaningful variance analysis to aid in understanding of cashflow commitments
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting agreed change management project budgets monthly, producing meaningful variance analysis to explain deviances from budget
- Work with budget holders and project managers to understand financial impact of project delays on project budgets and forecasts and subsequent cashflow impacts
- Leads on the preparation of the external audit, working with colleagues across the Finance function to plan and produce the audit file, in a timely an accurate manner, learning from previous years' audits.
- Pro-actively seeks areas to improve both the Statutory Reporting process and the external audit and related internal processes.
- Contributes to the leadership across the Finance team, and strives to deliver outstanding results and service.
- Acts as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model for the team. Builds a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change.
- Ensures and maintains strict confidentiality over employee data and proprietary information, ensuring full compliance with Data Protection Act provision and internal policies.
- Any other tasks requested by Group Finance Manager
Ideally you will be able to show an ability to work in a busy environment with examples of where you have supported in the commercial decisions of a team, at this level.
Alongside this, ideally you will also be working towards a qualification and be in the mid to latter stages, however this is not essential.
The Group Accountant will come with:
- Study Support
- Generous Salary
- Technical role
- National company