Business Controller - Commercial
Be the Business Partner for the OpCo Sales and Marketing Management Teams and through good understanding of the commercial processes ensure effective business decision making. Increase shareholder value for HEINEKEN by setting and supporting delivery of challenging OpCo financial and non-financial targets in the area of Sales and Marketing within an effective and robust financial control environment.
- Create a high performing Commerce Controlling team through leadership, individual/ team development plans, effective performance management, on the job coaching and constantly raising standards.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to this team, ensuring the team is motivated and instilling a culture of first class Business Partnering
- Drive greater connectivity across Sales and Marketing and the business controllers and develop a culture of continuous improvement. Ensure the development of the overall Finance Function by working closely with the Strategic Business Controller, the Supply Chain Business Controller and Reporting and Accounting.
2. Business Partnering and Decision Support
- Maximise business performance by working closely alongside, supporting, challenging and influencing the Sales and Marketing Management Teams. Provide advice, guidance, and influence/strengthen decision making in Sales and Marketing.
- Support decision making process in the Sales and Marketing Functions by
- developing business cases
- providing scenario modelling
- creating revenue, cost, margin, and profit pool analyses
- leading analyses to provide the financial impact of Sales and Marketing decisions affecting the Golden Triangle
- leading analysis and advice on applications for customers loans/guarantees
- preparing brand and channel profitability analysis and
- leading ad hoc analysis to gain insight where relevant.
- Proactively work with the Sales and Marketing Management Teams to identify, analyse and exploit commercial business opportunities (e.g. new product development), intervene on fundamental issues and provide financial leadership on strategic projects. Drive the preparation of Sales and Marketing Fund Applications including relevant analysis of and advice on the investment that is applied for.
3. Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the business planning cycle of Sales and Marketing within the OpCo for the 3-year Strategic Action Plan, Annual Operational Plan and Latest Estimates including providing relevant challenge to Sales and Marketing Directors.
- Ensure finance involvement in the S&OP process to secure a crossfunctional Sales & Marketing perspective and alignment with the various Latest Estimates.
4. Business Performance Management
- Monitor and develop insight on the quantitative and qualitative performance of the Sales and Marketing function, and communicate this insight through the preparation and delivery of streamlined reporting including commentary and KPIs
- Facilitate target setting, monitor and challenge performance in the Sales and Marketing area through leading and promoting customer, sector and region performance understanding.
- Lead and coordinate the analysis of revenue performance along the 6 pillars of revenue management as well as margin analyses by channel, customer, brand and SKU.
- Monitor actual cost development vs Budget/LE and provide early warnings on deviations. Present results to the Sales and Marketing Management Teams.
- Define and challenge the requirements for standard management reporting, further the development of the Management Information System and liaise with information services to communicate identified requirements.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Directors to devise a Commercial Policy.
- Interact within the HGSS-team on the Financial services provided for Commerce.
5. Control, Compliance and Risk Management
- Establish and implement policies and processes within the Sales and Marketing Function to ensure the integrity of accounting records and financial information.
- Ensure risks for the Sales and Marketing Functions are managed throughout the year; propose mitigating actions and flag risks to the Sales and Marketing Management Teams.
- Ensure the proper execution of business controls as identified in the Key Control Framework.
Education & Other Qualifications
- University degree/Masters in Economics, Finance or Business Administration.
- Finance, Accounting, Internal audit background Professional certifications including: - ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA
- 4 to 5 years of experience in the area of Controlling.
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven commercial affinity.
- Experience in leading change.
- Challenging approach.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator at all levels.
- Skills and preparation of good business cases.
- Excellent language skills in English and local language
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of the commercial processes of the OpCo.
- Junior control experience in the area of Commerce.