Corporate Finance & Investment Manager, Dublin 2
We are Baker Tilly, a mid-tier accountancy firm based in Dublin 2 and we are looking for a Manager to join our Corporate Finance & Investment team. We work with Irish entrepreneurs, owner-managers and family owned businesses.
We have a joint venture with Goodbody Stockbrokers to raise and manage the Goodbody EIIS Funds. EIIS is a tax-driven investment scheme for Irish SMEs and we have raised €39m to date using the scheme. We invest about €10m annually in Irish SMEs and we are looking for an experienced Corporate Finance or Investment Professional to join the team.
Responsibilities Will Include3
- Managing new investment projects from cradle to grave including due diligence, legal negotiation and deal completion.
- Directly advise clients on a range of transactions, working with both directors and analysts within the team.
- Financial modelling and preparation of transaction documents.
- Business development.
- Network at industry events.
- Manage junior team members and graduate trainees.
- Maintain client relationships over the lifetime of our investment.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant (3+ years) with a background in investment, corporate finance or transaction services from a Top 20 firm.
- You will need to be able to develop a good rapport with clients and demonstrate an ability to continue working with clients through difficult times.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of developing and analysing financial models.
- Experience of interacting directly with clients and leading projects or elements of projects.
- Willingness to travel to client meetings and industry events.
- You will know how to read legal documents and interpret what impact they have on the commercial aspects of a business.
- You will be disciplined in your approach, structured in your thinking, organised and resourceful.
- A clear ability to communicate with team members when problems occur.
What we offer
- A great opportunity to develop your career into more commercial areas. Over the next 2 years we expect our EIIS Fund to invest in a dozen more medium sized companies, some of which will be household names.
- Interested parties should send a CV to Dearbhla Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a concise cover note by email.
About Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly is the Republic of Ireland representative of Baker Tilly International, one of the world’s leading networks of independently owned and managed accountancy and business advisory firms.
At Baker Tilly we provide a range of professional services including audit and advisory, transaction services, tax, corporate recovery, company secretarial and strategic corporate advice. We are a multi-disciplinary firm with a focus on mid-market, entrepreneurial, owner-managed and family owned businesses. With a high level of knowledge and technical expertise we have developed an insight into what makes businesses successful.
To find out more about Baker Tilly follow us up on our Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/company/baker-tilly-ireland/.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.