My client, based in Stevenage, is looking for an accounts assistant to join their evolving building and construction company. As an accounts assistant you will be helping the Finance manager in pioneering a significant change to the way the finance function will operate in this growing business. It will require a strong candidate with sufficient accounting knowledge and appropriate qualifications.
My Client are leaders in their industry and have a culture of developing staff and creating a great work atmosphere conducive to success. With parking on site someone will ideally need to drive to have a suitable commute. This business is going from strength to strength with great sales growth and excellent profit margins, they are looking for an accounts assistant to provide support for their continuous growth.
The initial key responsibilities of this accounts assistant role will include:
- Responsibility of the accounts receivable and credit control
- Taking ownership of key accounts
- Posting and reconciling sales invoices
- Taking ownership of online payment portals and reconciliations
- Reviewing customer accounts
- Handling bank transfers, balances and reconciliations
- Liaising with the sales department regarding overdue accounts and credit notes
- Producing the monthly Aged Debtor Reports
- Liaising with customers and resolving any queries
- Implementing new processes and improving current procedures for the sales ledger department
Ideally an AAT studier and the chosen candidate will be competent with excel.The candidate for this accounts position, must have worked in a financial, hands on, role for the last two years. If you are interested in the position outlined above, are disciplined, self motivated and you are interested in working for (and growing with) a successful business that values their staff as well as taking great pride in what they do, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Competitive salary and an excellent package which includes:
- Study support
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution,
- Basic salary life insurance,
- 23 days' holiday