Analyst U1, Quality and Risk Operations, Audit Support
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
The Analyst in this role will work within Quality & Risk Operations in Cardiff. This centre of excellence is a division of the firm's Quality & Risk management function responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance support activities. Concentrating the efforts in a centre of excellence helps to ensure a high standard of compliance with the underlying regulations while enabling client facing teams to devote more of their time to providing services to their clients.
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic and flexible individual with good IT skills (particularly MS Excel) to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
Tasks will include:
- Maintaining systems to monitor and deal with regulatory and business requirements;
- Liaising extensively with internal customers;
- Providing partners and leadership with information needed on which to base decisions;
- Manipulating and analysing data quickly and efficiently, mainly using Excel functions to produce reports required by the business and its Regulators;
- Review and refresh information held on existing clients;
- Providing ad–hoc support to the wider Risk Management organization when required.
- Contributing to ad–hoc project work supporting risk management and regulatory compliance.
The role is expected to grow and evolve rapidly both as the Quality & Risk Operations department expands, and in response to regular changes experienced in our operating environment. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles might be given the opportunity to contribute to other projects, thus aiding their personal development.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent Full time.
Your professional experience
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service. We are looking for:
- Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability.
- Skilled communicators with strong interpersonal abilities at all levels.
- Enthusiastic team players that can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own.
- Flexible–multi–tasking : This is a dynamic role requiring the ability to work to tight deadlines with competing priorities.
- Discretion: you will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions.
- A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases.
- Working effectively in diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000–strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client–facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 146490