Head Office– Heathrow
* To process the company payroll ensuring that all data is accurate and input in a timely manner.
* Ensure all tasks are completed within the necessary time limits.
* Build and maintain relationships with the HR department and contacts at all sites within the business.
* Be aware of expected standards of quality and timeliness of data prepared and report any problems to the Finance Manager.
* Ensure all data is verified prior to submission of payrolls.
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation.
* Compile payroll data and input all data changes into the payroll system in a timely manner. Currently this is Trace Payroll.
* Become the company's Trace Superuser
* Arrange the payment of staff salaries through the computerised payroll system for the monthly payroll.
* Process overtime, call out payments and deductions from net pay.
* Ensure that all joiners and leavers have been processed in a timely manner.
* Manage the on–boarding of employees via TUPE and transfer of employees via the same process.
* Ensure compliance with HMRC legislation in terms of Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Statutory Parental Pay (SPP).
* Manage the Payrolling of Benefits process and the communication with the employees receiving these benefits.
* Ensure attachment of earnings payments are processed and paid within the monthly deadline.
* Ensure third party payments are paid in a timely manner each month.
* Ensure that records of sickness and other absences have been added to Trace and where applicable reconcile to our time and attendance system.
* Provide advice to staff and managers in relation to pay, taxation and National Insurance.
* To assist in the administration of the company pension scheme.
* Respond to information requests from non–statutory bodies in a timely manner.
* Refer ad–hoc requests for information from within the organisation to the line manager.
* Provide adhoc reports for management accounts as and when requested.
* Ensure the security of the data on the system and be aware of the data protection act.
* Take responsibility for the payroll and be the first point of contact for payroll queries.
* Invoicing of 3 – 4 contracts each month
* Checking of Bonuses against criteria
* Health insurance – Collation of monthly data and payment.
* Prepare for the HR director the payroll section of the monthly board report.
* Training and management of one direct report.
* Assisting the Finance and HR teams with adhoc tasks to achieve monthly goals as and when need arises.
* Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
* Microsoft and Excel skills.
* Must be well organised.
* Must demonstrate determination to achieve results.
* Demonstrate a passion for developing efficient and reliable processes.
* Must be articulate, both written and verbal.
* Strong communication skills – able to deal with employee's at all levels.
* Must be a team player.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Error log to be produced and reconciled after each payroll run.
* Regular feedback sessions regarding problems or queries.
* Regular checks of payroll input, to include statutory compliance.
Knowledge, skills & Experience:
* At least 3 years payroll experience.
* Secondary level of education including maths GCSE at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
* CIPP qualification or similar.
* Experience of Trace payroll or other systems is required.