Rutherford Briant are currently working alongside an accountancy Practice based in Peterborough, they are looking to recruit for a bookkeeper/payroll assistant who will assist in the provision of their range of outsourcing services to clients.
The role will incorporate a mix of duties primarily bookkeeping and payroll using a range of commonly used software packages for small to medium sized businesses. Applicants looking for full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time working hours will be considered.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will be a pro–active and customer–focused team player with excellent communication skills capable of undertaking the following duties:
- Input and processing of information using a variety of automated and manual systems and procedures
- Verification of the completeness and accuracy of transactions; investigate and resolve queries arising; reconciliation of bank accounts and all control balances to supporting documentation
- Produce VAT returns, payroll reports and other information in line with the requirements of each client and their business including HMRC submissions, bulk payments etc.
Skills and experience required are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years work experience using Sage Line 50 and payroll or similar software
- Some experience with Xero or other cloud based applications would also be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills, information management, organisation and planning, attention to detail and initiative
- Adaptable, positive attitude with a friendly approachable disposition
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Minimum 5 GCSE's (grade C or above) or equivalent including English, Maths and ICT
- Ability to work independently in a responsible role and achieve accurate results
What's on offer?
A competitive salary and training package if appropriate; 20 days annual leave (FTE excluding bank holidays) and access to many other employee benefits.