Financial Accounting Advisory Services Audit Manager
The FAAS team are a group of proactive accounting specialists who are focused on providing practical solutions to our clients’ complex financial reporting issues. Our ‘on call’ ethos means we are able to respond quickly to fast moving business processes and timelines – whether assisting with advice related to transactions or working to tight financial close deadlines.
With the aim of providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions, the FAAS team go to market across 4 proposition areas:
1. Global Compliance and Reporting
- SSC model – multi jurisdictional
- Statutory account
- Statutory audits
- Compliance tax
- One point of contact
2. Accounting Advisory
- GAAP conversion
- Complex financial instruments
- Legal entity simplification
- Transaction accounting
3. Effective Financial Reporting
- Close process improvement
- Transition management
- Interim staffing
4. Business Process Outsourcing
- Remediation projects
- Transaction processing
This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of FAAS audit clients;
- Overseeing the detailed audit work of assistant managers and seniors on audits
- Liaising closely with clients in relation to planning and closing meetings, and discussing business developments generally
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Assist the team including motivating them, allocating on the job tasks for audits and completing staff and job allocation, job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc;
- For the more technically demanding audits, there may be the need to on site management and assist in the performance of complex sections such as Share Based Compensation, Revenue Recognition and other critical areas as defined in the audit process.
- Supervise and train more junior members of the dedicated FAAS staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- Playing a key role in the development of new business, through participation in industry and potential client focus groups.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Audit experience of large Irish companies or multinational entities;
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Some knowledge or awareness of US GAAP would be a benfit;
- The ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Electronic auditing experience;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others; and
- Be commercially aware.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.