UI Business Analyst
The Business Analyst will be an important team member with SMEP Sector Planning team, working with Planning community within SMEP and key PlanningOne focal for MY within the Global Planning community.
The Business Analyst will be the key person as custodian/Project Manager of PlanningOne system for Upstream Malaysia. Planning One is the planning system used to submit Business Plan to Group. The Business Analyst will manage the E2E Run and Maintain of the system for entire Malaysia Upstream, managing technical issues effectively, managing interface with the support from Group and act as the super user on behalf of the country.
The Business Analyst is also act as a key support for Business Planning process to ensure the system readiness for each Planning cycle, coordinate Business Planning input with Planners and ensure data quality via robust QAQC process, databases and system set-up. The Analyst will also support other Economics related processes such as ARPR, GIP, PCP and PCNs via a robust system set-up. The analyst will also support some Treasury Operations and ad-hoc support to the SMEP Sector Planning team.
As such, the role holder needs to be very digitally savvy, can work efficiently with system, have the ability translate the Business requirements/goals into system configurations, very strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence stakeholders within the Planning community. This role provides excellent platform for those who would like to pursue their career in Upstream Planning, as it provides opportunities to be an integral part in the Upstream E2E Planning process.
The Business Analyst GPA will be aligned with the operational goals of the business they support, as well as the Finance Operations R&A goals. They will be an integral part of the appropriate Finance team to translate the Business agenda into the Finance Operations R&A context.
Together with the Planning Advisors, the incumbent will be key person to ensure the system is set-up and ready for annual Business Planning cycle, supporting the Sector Planning team to ensure timely submission of Business Plan to Group.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for managing PlanningOne system governance, determining scope for the Malaysia local system enhancement, supporting the local contract and managing the cost and key focal for Cadence related items for PlanningOne system and work with IT to secure budget and full cost recovery from JV partner and MPM for the PlanningOne system cost.
Last but most importantly, the incumbent has to demonstrate full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours.
a) Stakeholder Management:
- The incumbent must have a good track record in effectively managing stakeholder’s expectations in terms of delivery time and quality. The incumbent must be a good team leader as well as team member to deliver project related to PlanningOne system seamlessly to the Business.
- The stakeholders are both internal and external of Shell, which includes SMEP Planning communities, Finance Advisors, finance teams of our business partners, Group Planning communities and the PlanningOne external consultants.
b) Project Management:
- Track record of delivery of Group mandated system implementation with integration and collaboration between IT and Finance functions will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Planning, coordinating and executing projects, managing resources effectively.
- Manage conflicting interest between Project and Business priorities in terms of time, resources and delivery quality.
- Actively resolve and escalate problems, understanding the big picture, planning the work and working as part of the Finance and Planning team
- Support and implement Global and local Planning Reporting & Analysis initiatives
c) Process Improvements:
The incumbent must promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more efficient manner while achieving the business objective
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.