Associate Accountant - Fees (Finance)
About The Role:
This is a role for a Fee Analyst within an established International Finance Operations team. The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report to a local Ireland Fees Team Leader.
The team is responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of revenue for multiple legal entities across EMEA and the Middle East. This role will include primary responsibility for a number of high profile clients. The role involves working with all areas of the Business to ensure that all fee arrangements are properly reflected in our legal books. The team has visibility and liaison with high profile clients, Client Services, Business Operations teams and Financial Control.
- Responsible for timely and accurate client billing across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
- Initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of documented arrangements.
- Collection of fee debtors in on a timely basis in line with agreed company and client authorised procedures including generation of payment instructions and banking entries.
- Responsible for timely completion of accruals as part of the monthend close process to ensure revenue is accurate and complete to meet the requirements and deadlines of Financial Accounting and their monthend close schedule.
- Work with the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
- Timely communication and escalation of billing delays / issues.
- Regular liaison and development of strong relationships with Client Services and the Business.
- Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation.
- Own all, including the most complex client queries and support other partners in driving solutions to all billing challenges.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and audit requirements. Continually improve and strengthen controls.
- Input to fee related internal & external audits.
- Continual focus on process improvement and efficiency.
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert in all fees related changes and projects.
- Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Required Competencies
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a fast paced environment where month end financial reporting deadlines and compliance with documented controls and processes are paramount.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional relationship building skills targeted at ensuring deliverables are met with both internal and external partners.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, management, business and overseas partners.
- Ability to work in a global team environment effectively to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Self starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Motivated, positive and enthusiastic
Required/ Preferable Skills:
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel.
- Experience in Fund Administration/Transfer Agency/Operations within Financial Services is preferable.
- Experience in a billing and accounts receivable function of a multinational organisation is preferable (financial services experience an advantage).
- Experience in a compliance focussed environment.
About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.