APAC Finance & Accounting Assistant Manager (South District Office) [Based in Alps Avenue]
The South District Finance and Accounting Assistant Manager manages the daily activities of the Finance and Accounting department in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and UPS policies. He/She assists in the development and support of the staff in the execution of strategies designed to achieve financial objectives.
Manages Profitability Process
- Analyzes and reports on district profitability to determine gaps and action plans.
- Provide profitability information to the District Staff to assist the Business Planning Unit teams in developing the district strategy.
- Creates and reports on the district business and profit plans to district, region, and Domestic BPU to support district non-operation and operational functions.
- Oversees monthly district business plan close to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Serves as district liaison for ad hoc financial duties to ensure financial transactions are properly administered.
Monitors and Controls Costs
- Creates business plans using historical data and forecasts to effectively plan district expenses and statistics.
- Provides information to the district to explain accounting transactions and resolve planning issues and discrepancies.
- Examines production variances to clarify gaps between operations reports and general ledger results.
- Completes weekly cost estimates and monitors monthly expenses to accurately forecast cost results.
- Initiates and processes journal entries to finalize monthly cost results.
Reviews Audit of Business Process Reviews
- Reviews audit work papers and changes year over year to ensure compliance with new audit questions.
- Communicates with departments on the audit progress and reviews areas of concern to ensure timely audit completion.
- Oversees and completes audit to ensure accordance with audit guidelines.
- Develops corrective action plans on audit exceptions to ensure exceptions are addressed.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the corrective action plans monthly to rescore audit based on results.
Creates Performance Measurement Reports
- Generates financial reports detailing the company’s operating performance by business unit to be included in monthly Business Plan Review books.
- Verifies allocations with management of each business unit to ensure accuracy of data.
- Identifies and explains variances (i.e., actual versus planned) to inform senior management of company performance.
- Coordinates with the Duplication Center to format, assemble, and distribute Business Plan Review books to senior management.
Responds to Ad-hoc Report Requests
- Creates custom queries and formulas to produce requested financial data (e.g., profit plan projections, prior month/year actual results, quarter outlook results, etc.) for senior management.
- Updates system queries and formulas to produce custom reports for business unit management.
- Runs system job requests to produce consolidated flash statements.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or any related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar capacity performing financial reporting and planning and project management is required.
- Minimum 2 years of successful people management experience.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to travel occasionally (20% of the time) within the South District countries.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Finance, Accounting, and Tax
Requisition Number: 053831
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.