Reports to: Head of IT
Location: Baggot Plaza, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4
New Ireland IT function supports the change and running of 12 critical applications, and up to 80 other applications, required to run the life assurance business day to day. The New Ireland IT function supports the full end to end life cycle for these applications
The role is open to actuaries, qualified and non-qualified, who would like the opportunity to take the lead role in a newly formed Actuarial Quotations department. The Actuarial Quotations department will be responsible for the management of the NBQ(new business quotes system), EBQ (existing business quotes system), POI(point of issue) and Policy Review systems.
The successful candidate will be asked to drive the quotations strategy of the company, manage the resources of the team to meet system delivery deadlines, link in with the business and the IT department to implement commercial and regulatory changes to our quotations systems and to provide expert technical knowledge to the wider business.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 2 actuarial students. It is an exciting opportunity for an actuary looking to gain managerial experience and exposure to dealing with senior managers within the company.
The role presents a unique opportunity to establish and drive a team of experts within the IT department at a time of significant transformational change for New Ireland. The role is open to student actuaries with experience of pricing, product development and project management or to candidates with previous actuarial experience wishing to progress to a management role within the IT department. The successful candidate will provided with opportunities to develop and progress their career in a challenging fast paced environment.
You will work full time in our Baggot Plaza office in Dublin 4.
- Drive the quotations strategy of the company.
- New Ireland has reduced its number of quotation systems in recent years but further decommissioning is planned. The candidate will drive and manage this transition while ensuring all stakeholders are aware of any benefits/risks involved.
- Work with the Head of Actuarial Function, PRSA Actuary and Commercial Director as required to ensure business/regulatory requirements are being met.
- Develop and improve upon existing quotation testing tools and look to ensure where possible that where systems capability does not exist, that Customer Service have access to an alternative workaround
- Manage the business-as-usual policy review process.
- Manage quotes system issues investigation.
- Manage, develop and lead a team of specialists. The team will be provided with direction and support for learning and development to empower personal ownership in executing their responsibilities.
- Work with the Commercial Delivery team to deliver on the product roadmap and transformation agenda.
- others across the business to ensure product strategy and product design are aligned to the overall business strategy and plans.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry changes.
Essential Skills & Experience
Experience of product pricing, product development and project management would be advantageous but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will be a part qualified actuary with at least 3 years' industry experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to take a strategic view.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, and providing supervision, direction and support to other members of the team.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative in problem identification and solutions provision using a systematic and organised approach to their work.
- Highly motivated.
- Very strong team player.
- Flexibility and experience of managing changing priorities effectively.
- Takes personal responsibility for accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and managing multiple tasks.
- Understanding of the regulatory market in which we operate.
- People management experience is desirable but not essential.
- Achieving Results
- Delivering Quality
- Serving Customers
- Team-working and cross functional collaboration
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Problem solving and decision making
- Setting and meeting priorities
- Communication and Influencing
If you have any queries on this role or for further information please email@example.com.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.