Commercial Management Accountant
My client is a manufacturing SME business based in Lincoln
This is a hands on, commercial role with planned succession to FC
A PE backed business undergoing growth, with a driven FC looking to step to FD in 3 years, therefore looking for a succession plan. The business is tracking well and plans to increase turnover by 25% over the next 12 months.
This is a role with varied responsibility focusing on financial management as well as the opportunity to implement change and improve operational functions.
You will be tasked with:
- Business partner with Operations Managers
- Produce the monthly management accounts
Control of commercial processes including quotations, pipeline (Enquiries, RFQ, quotations etc) and sales forecast
- Review of monthly overhead reports and job costing information produced by the Assistant Accountant.
Preparation and submission of company monthly payroll, including review of calculation of FSE monthly premiums, holiday enhancements & on call payments. Reconciliation of monthly payroll to management accounts. Payment of monthly salaries. First point of contact for all salaries queries.
- Work closely with none finance including sales to hold accountable
- Co-ordination of accounting systems based projects, software instalments & month end procedures
- Lead and develop a small team of 3
This Commercial Accountant position is an ideal opportunity for a bright and forward thinking Accountant with a strong track record. To maximise success, the ideal candidate meet the following requirements:
- Finance qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience in providing insightful analysis to optimise decision making
- Credibility and willingness to challenge non-finance
- A hands-on, involved approach to work
£38,000 - £40,000