Procurement Supervisor (Singapore Based)
The Ground Transportation Procurement Supervisor supports the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within the assigned district / countries. He/she works closely with the business units and Transportation leads to define sourcing requirements and utilize best practice tools and market intelligence to seek the lowest cost options that will meet business needs. He/she is expected to leverage and monitor regional and local category spend when able as well as both internal and external strategic relationships to drive the procurement process to deliver savings reductions. He/she works with carriers to understand and improve carrier process performance and quality, optimize supply chains, and ensure requisitioning and ordering processes are in place. This position reports to the Region Ground Transportation Procurement Manager and typically supervises a staff consisting of specialists and / or admins within a district / country.
Implements Sourcing Initiatives
- Supervises the Strategic Sourcing Process to initiate purchase requests (RFPs) for the assigned commodities.
- Coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis.
- Analyzes the Total Cost of Ownership to determine preferred award scenarios and provide to stakeholders for review.
- Works with financial analysts and other market intelligence to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers.
- Works with cross-functional teams, conducts site visits, pre-bid and contract follow-up meetings, and interviews as necessary to evaluate supplier products, services, and capabilities.
- Develops an expertise, with minimal supervision, in assigned categories through the industry, market, underlying cost factors and their effect on product quality and reliability in order to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities.
- Formulate strategic sourcing initiatives for assigned categories, with minimal supervision, in order to identify opportunities and optimize internal supply chain and market.
- Initiates spend reports to review and ensure report tracking.
- Works to understand the supplier relationship, develop supplier performance measures and incentives, and create a plan for achieving identified savings.
Provides Internal Customer Support
- Oversees response to calls and requests from internal customers to ensure customer needs are met.
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs.
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time and at the right price.
- Identifies performance measures and incentives that support customer needs and expectations.
- Works with suppliers to develop and/or enhance web tools that assist with customer needs.
- Ensures appropriate authorization and documentation is obtained for procurement activities.
- Assesses potential business development impact of all sourcing initiatives to communicate potential impact.
- Serves as a company resource for assigned commodities to communicate commodity sourcing information as needed.
- Ensures appropriate backup plans are in place for critical supplies to minimize risk of supply outages.
Monitors and Reports Performance
- Ensures vendors are managed throughout life cycle, i.e. contract complete and stored in central repository, implementation / transition timely, new rates validated, points of contact communicated, and status monitored.
- Responds to senior management’s requests for data (e.g. supplier metrics, installed incentives, total cost savings, supplier diversity spend, etc.) to provide data.
- Communicates with internal groups to track and drive internal compliance.
- Monitors monthly total cost savings to report performance and ensure periodic metrics are generated and forwarded to management team.
- Utilizes market intelligence to research and analyze trends.
- Conducts internal assessments using price / cost analysis to substantiate research and validation for current purchasing processes.
- Utilizes Project Management tool to monitor and track Strategic Sourcing Initiatives.
- Initiates spend reports to review and ensure report tracking.
Supports Contracts Management
- Drafts contracts based on UPS standards, vendor proposals and UPS requirements to secure deals with vendors.
- Modifies standard contracts based on commercial and technical needs and vendor proposal to develop contractual requirements for final acceptance
- Works with UPS Legal to craft / edit and negotiate project specific contracts for key, high dollar value contracts.
- Develops position papers to highlight commercial and contractual issues and concerns and determine project and contractual goals.
- Prepares contract summaries, risk analysis documents and recommendations for management to execute binding agreements and justify the commercial viability of recommendations.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure ethical and fair business practices.
- Develops strategic negotiation plans to facilitate future contract negotiations.
Supports RFI and RFP Processes
- Develops Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), evaluation matrices, and vendor correspondence to meet business needs.
- Identifies and contacts vendors to meet system, operational, and project requirements.
- Obtains final proposals from vendors to proceed with process.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of Procurement experience; direct/indirect experience with Logistics/Transportation industry, or any sizeable companies/conglomerates preferred
- Hands-on with Procurement tools/software; Excellent with excel
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Mandarin and English language, with Cantonese or any other Asian language helpful to liaise with Asian speaking stakeholders
- Strong business, technical and financial acumen
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.