The credit controller will proactively support the business to achieve sales and profit growth through understanding and making visible the credit risk associated with their ledger to advise on potential sales opportunities.
My client are a globally renowned organisation within the manufacturing sector and are a leading employer within Cheltenham
Managing the credit accounts & associated risk:
- Processing new account applications, assessing creditworthiness with tools such as Experian and setting of credit limits and payment terms
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to collect overdue payments, manage their payment options and finding appropriate resolutions to their account queries
- Review credit limits in line with changing risk and/or payment history and releasing, where relevant, customer orders and accounts on holds.
- Reconciling customer accounts by regularly allocating payments to reduce unallocated cash
- Maintaining up to date account notes and recording communications with customers
- Understand, analyse and report on the overall credit risk of their ledger
Working to achieve departmental and individual targets and KPI's to improve performance
- Measuring performance against KPIs
- Using problem solving techniques to proactively identify improvements to the way we operate.
Working with external and internal customers to drive business growth
- Collaborating effectively with internal teams and field based colleagues to maintain customer accounts and resolving outstanding queries
- Respond promptly to allocated tasks in the CRM queue to maintain a good level of service to our internal customers.
- Sending of copy invoices, proofs of delivery, statements, reminder letters and final demands
- Contributing to team initiatives and projects for the UK Sales & EDM Finance department.
- Using electronic invoicing platforms and dealing with Proforma payments supported by the Finance Assistant
- Basic understanding of accounts
- Prior use of ERP accounting systems such as JDE and CRM systems
- Using information on credit risk to support the wider business
- An enquiring analytical mind
- High numeracy and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to provide constructive challenge in order to improve performance
This role will pay a competitive basic salary