Internal Audit Manager
My client is looking for an Audit Manager to join their Global Internal Audit team based in Nottingham. This is a highly visible role which will have significant exposure to senior stakeholders with a varied set of responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced auditor to join a truly global team and learn more about the world of m client, and this will come with plenty of stretch, development and challenge.
So much so that this role is regarded as a means of developing our managerial talent of the future.
Day to day you can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Regional Head of Internal Audit in developing the annual Internal Audit activity plan
- Manage ongoing relationships with the key stakeholders, ensuring the Internal Audit activity plan stays up to date and aligned to strategic priorities and key risks
- Developing the scope of internal audit reviews and agree them with management
- Planning and executing internal audits, and when you are assigned the role of 'Lead Auditor', coordinate the audit process with key stakeholders, manage the activities of other internal auditors (local and overseas) assigned to the project, and review the quality of work performed.
- Prepare draft reports reflecting the results of work performed, and agree the findings and proposed actions with the business owners. Present findings to senior managers of the business and the Global Internal Audit Executive management team.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues where necessary
- Undertake other ad hoc, project and investigation work as required
- Acts as a champion for the concepts of internal control and risk throughout the business
- Maintain a professional development plan to improve technical, interpersonal and management skills consistent with my clients requirements and talent management philosophy
We're looking for someone who has audit experience and can bring real passion and personality to the team. You need to be able to translate the world of audit into non-technical language to stakeholders across our business.
In particular, it's essential for you to possess the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Proven auditing experience in professional services or in house internal audit
- Qualified internal auditor or accountant (either IIA, ACA, ACCA or similar qualifications)
- Ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role to gain buy in from senior management
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change
- Problem solving skill - you must be able to propose new and innovative solutions!
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation
- Ability to travel to our overseas offices - around 20% of your time will be spent travelling to our offices across the globe!
- Exposure to a large multinational organisation or "Big 4" professional services as well as experience or qualifications in Audit would be advantageous, but not essential. Experience in financial services or similar regulatory environments would also be beneficial.
Excellent and unrivalled career progression
A competitive salary and package- first class benefits