Head of Finance & Administration [#258] @ Human Rights Organization
Head of Finance & Administration [#258]
Human Rights Organization
£50,000 – 55,000
Our partner is an ambitious organisation, working to secure the rights and safety of vulnerable individuals around the world. They are seeking an experienced hands-on Head of Finance to oversee and strengthen their controls, and accounting & financial management systems, and support the SMT in analysing and developing different income streams. As part of a small, complex organisation, the successful candidate will have excellent technical skills & the ability to be hands on as required, as well an understanding and interest in the operational elements of the organisation.
- As a member of the SMT, oversee the development and implementation of the financial strategy and plan for the organisation.
- Oversee and maintain an effective finance function, ensuring a sound control environment and reviewing, improving & streamlining accounting & financial management processes as required.
- Oversee and ensure the production of monthly management accounts, and monitor and report on variances.
- Produce the annual organisational budget, and cashflow forecasts and re-forecasts.
- Oversee and ensure the production of the year-end consolidates accounts and financial statements, and prepare for the annual audit.
- Financial modelling and analysis of the income generating arm of the organisation, working closely with the CEO to explore alternate income sources.
- Act as a finance business partner to the programmes and fundraising teams, offering them support in developing budgets for proposals on a full cost recovery basis, and in preparing for donor audits.
- Oversight of all donor contracts, ensuring that grants are managed on a full cost recovery basis, and all reporting is donor compliant.
- Oversight of property management, ensuring that any improvements are made in a timely manner, and that all appropriate insurances are in place.
- Oversight of the IT & HR functions
- Senior finance professional with excellent financial management and strategic experience and skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and willing to be hands on in terms of reviewing management accounts, preparation of year-end accounts and financial statements, and ensuring that the control environment is strong and being adhered to.
- Experience of working with a small, complex INGO, and knowledge of donor grant management & fund accounting, on a full cost recovery basis.
- Strong finance business partner, able to build effective working relationships with the board, SMT & junior members of the team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of operations, including property management, IT & HR.
They are seeking someone able to make a 4 day/week commitment; they will consider a full working for the right candidate.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.