Director of Business Analyst - Technical Lead (Azure Architecture)
Job Description:Everest Reinsurance, a member of Everest Re Group, is seeking an experienced Director of Business Analyst – Technical Lead for our headquarters in Liberty Corner, NJ.
Using the latest technologies, the Technical Lead will promote and maintain a creative and productive environment, mentor developers, and set a high standard of work ethic for the team to follow. The Technical Lead will be responsible to provide direction and leadership to a workgroup of technology professionals by delegating work, conducting code reviews, architecting new projects, and ensuring work is completed on time and in accordance with coding standards and best practices.
The Technical Lead is accountable and responsible for the technical approach, strategy, and the successful delivery of the technical aspects of the project. The incumbent will represent Reinsurance Applications in enterprise level technology and architecture discussions, and ensure that operations, development, and integrations adhere to enterprise wide decisions. S/he should be a strong leader who will establish and execute a vision to plan, implement, and support solutions in a complex, distributed technology environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non–technical individuals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future systems.
• Maximize effectiveness and minimize costs related to the acquisition, implementation, integration and operation of applications.
• Provide overall technical leadership to the cross–functional team – coordinating the technical resources through the successful delivery of all technical project deliverables.
• Analyze business requirements to design and develop optimal technical solutions using approved database and software development tools and methodologies.
• Lead team on analysis, design, and coding activities to ensure successful component and project delivery. Provide technical guidance and conduct review of project deliverables to ensure quality and standard process adherence.
• Provide level 2 and 3 support for production environments, including 24 x 7 support for critical outages. Conduct root cause analysis on issues and provide effective and timely resolutions.
• Evaluate and implement vendor products to ensure successful integration with existing applications. Design and build integration components and interfaces to ensure inter–operability.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for resolving functional and technical issues.
• Maintains awareness of emerging technologies to ensure applicability for the assigned application area.
• Maintain a rigorous Sarbanes–Oxley control environment.
• Coach others and provide on–going feedback and support to improve performance. Contribute to performance evaluations, including career development plans, to encourage continuous performance improvement.
Work Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline with an IT focus preferred.
• 7+ year's software development experience with 3–5 years in a supervisory role driving application development efforts.
• Thorough understanding of systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures.
• 7+ year experience with the following: .NET, HTML,HTML5, XML, SQL Server, SQL, DB2
• Web services experience with both SOAP and REST based services
• Experience in Azure Cloud Application Architecture and Development
• Experience in Azure Cloud Data Services ex. Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes and Data Lake Analytics
• Experience working with Cloud deployments a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of the systems development life cycle and Agile methodology.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate technical information to all levels of roles within the organization.
• Ability to work constructively in a team environment as well as independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly as relates to leadership and staff supervision and coaching.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All considered applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with unexpired, acceptable employment eligibility verification documentation.