Part Time Internal Auditor
Superb part time Internal Audit role for an individual who is looking to reduce their hours, have more flexibility, work from home and have virtually no travel!
Highly regarded national organisaton based in Birmingham.
The role will report to the Internal Audit Manager, who oversees the corporate audit programme which is supported through a co-sourced arrangement with a big 4 accounting firm. The team also conducts audits of their operational services, and is the lead for the organisations fraud and whistleblowing arrangements.
The role will specifically provide assurance over key controls within the corporate systems and compliance with regulations as determined by the Regulator, as well as overseeing implementation of prior recommendations. Due to the changes in delivery of systems an important aspect of the role will be the development of first and second lines of defence, working in partnership with key Heads of Service.
It is an exciting time to join the Internal Audit team, to be part of the organisation's journey to achieving success. Due to the nature of the role and size of the organisation, there are excellent opportunities for personal development which includes gaining wider experience through delivering Operational Audits for example.
The role is one which would suit an enthusiastic internal auditor who has a passion for data analytics and is experienced in working under their own steam, delivering key control audits to a high standard with limited supervision, and one who is looking to develop knowledge and experience in additional audit areas. The corporate internal audit programme covers a wide range of areas which include all corporate support functions, areas of governance, as well as all management systems, as such there is a unique range of audit work which will be undertaken. In addition, there are opportunities to help departments develop controls as a critical friend role which includes preparing and presenting training sessions/work shops.
To come and join a valued and respected in-house internal audit team they are looking for an individual who:
- has a passion for internal audit and data , can work on their own initiative, with a focus on timely, quality outputs.
- has recent and relevant experience in key controls auditing, and understands the importance of internal controls and is committed to providing robust credible outputs.
- is credible, who can effectively communicate the importance of policies, procedures and controls, and the risks associated with non compliance.
- project plans effectively and delivers to deadlines.
- can think creatively, developing innovative reports / workshops.
- is flexible in terms of the nature of work, travel and working environments.
The role reporting into the Audit Manager is 21 hours per week. They operate a flexible working policy and due to the nature of the role they are happy to discuss desirable working options.
Excellent package on offer.