The FP&A Analyst will have responsibility for maintaining/enhancing existing models using advanced Excel skills (Power Query and Power Pivot) help transition towards improving their management of information as they work towards a data warehouse solution. Ensuring Group FP&A team can rely on high quality data and integrity to support business decision-making. Forward managing forecasts and budgets as well as 5 year financial models.
Our client is a forward-thinking leading Property Investment business based in Birmingham. They have ambitious growth plans for 2020 which reflects the fast-paced and exciting environment you will be joining.
- Co-ordinate existing monthly forecast process using advanced Excel functionality (Power Query and Power Pivot), including maintenance and improvement of regional input workbooks
- Consolidate monthly forecast, ensuring data integrity of financial and non-financial data by working with the regional Finance team
- Assist with preparation of monthly segmentation reporting for SLE meetings to drive key business decisions
- Prepare models for each business segment for the Group's five-year strategic business plan, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate data capture and output
- Prepare budget input templates and consolidation model
- Work with wider FP&A team to support process improvements and efficiencies
- A qualified accountant, ideally with experience in a fast moving, forward thinking organisation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (including Power Query and Power Pivot) are essential
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of a commercial business and have worked within a high-quality public company environment
- Possess strong analytical/technical skills, together with a strong accounting/control background
- High level of initiative and self-motivation but also able to follow the agreed way of working
- Personality fit is key; we are seeking an upper quartile candidate who is both technically and commercial able to take on the role, but equally important is the ability to fit within a fast moving, demanding, complex and constantly evolving business and drive change
- Strong analytical skills (especially the ability to really get into and own the business model which can get quite complicated).
Candidates will be paid a competitive salary, with good bonus potential and a competitive benefits package along with progression opportunities.