Analyst (Fees and Billing)
About The Role:
- This is a Fee Analyst position within an established International Fees Team and is required in order to support the business in EMEA. The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report directly to the Continental Fees Team Manager who is also based in Limerick.
- The team is responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of non-custody service revenue for multiple legal entities and products across EMEA. This includes the calculation of the monthly revenue accruals and other control activities as part of the regional and global month end accounting close process.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for timely and accurate client billing across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
- Straight through collation and processing of revenue data received from stakeholders;
- Collation, manipulation and analysis of source data to calculate revenue for complex fee arrangements;
- Processing and manipulation of significant volumes of data within excel;
- Collation and issue of corporate invoices in line with legal agreements in a time sensitive environment across various products and legal entities;
- Manage payment instructions and oversee debtor balances of assigned Clients to ensure timely receipt
- Calculation and accounting of fee accruals to ensure revenue for all clients and services are recorded in the correct accounting period
- Record the cash settlements and reconcile cash to the General Ledger
- Initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of legal arrangements.
- Work with the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
- Timely communication and escalation of billing delays / issues.
- Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation.
- Own all client queries and work with Team Manager to identify and implement solutions to all billing challenges.
- Revenue variance analysis and reporting compiled accurately and within corporate deadlines;
- Provide cover across the wider Non Custody Fees team as required.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and audit requirements. Continually improve and strengthen controls.
- Input to fee related internal & external audits.
- Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a fast paced environment where month end financial reporting deadlines and compliance with documented controls and processes are paramount.
- Good Excel skills required.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to apply the required level of logic, complex reasoning or problem solving skills to independently identify and resolve issues as they arise;
- Exceptional relationship building skills targeted at ensuring deliverables are met with internal and external partners;
- Enthusiastic and positive personality;
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely and independent basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel
- Experience in Fund Administration/Transfer Agency/Operations within Financial Services is preferable
- Experience in financial operations, billing, accounts receivable or finance function of a multinational organisation is preferable (financial services experience an advantage)
- Experience in a compliance focused environment
About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.