Group Financial Controller / Finance Director B2B Wholesale
Group Financial Controller / Finance Director | B2B Hyper–Growth Wholesale Retailer | Wakefield
Harmonic Finance are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with one of the UK's fastest–growing retailers to secure their next Group Financial Controller / Finance Director. The client are based within 5 minutes walk of Wakefield station.
The business are a national–award winning designer and wholsale retailer of inovative B2B products who are growing 30% YOY currently, with a turnover in excess of GBP45 million.
The business hire on attitude, potential and competencies rather than requiring candidates to be a '100% on paper fit'. So if you feel that you fit some, but not all of the below, please give us a call to discuss the role further!
Company culture is very entrepreneurial: fun, international, fast–moving and meritocratic.
The position is a real hybrid role, covering high level commercial duties alongside the Chief Commercial Officer and COO, but will– more importantly– involve leading on controls and audit work and ultimate responsibility for production of stat accounts for multiple entities (supported by a Finance Manager beneath you in the structure).
You will manage a team of 3 more junior colleagues who cover Management Accounts, Financial Analysis and Transactional Finance, and will report directly into an inspirational CEO.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Wholesale B2B retail (ideally own–brand). Clothing, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Stationary all helpful. But will consider other backgrounds.
- Good financial accounting and controls background. Although very commercial, If you're purely commercial, this isn't the role for you!
- Experience within the last 3 years of working with manufacturers in your employer's supply–chain. My client needs you to 'get' the associated benefits and risks linked to this aspect of their business.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills: the business is growing and will need you to lead your team by example and to create a fun and innovative working culture as you grow the headcount over coming years.
Cool and quirky. Airy, light and modern. Situated next to dozens of great bars and restaurants.
Salary: 65–78k + car + bonus
Please forward an up–to–date CV in the first instance to be considered for interview.