Inventory Senior Accountant (Spanish/ Portuguese speaker)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full - Time Regular
The objective of this role is to support the Global Finance Center (GFC). This is a key position in the GFC KL team which comprise of all locations of BHGE. The post holder must work closely and strive to achieve high performance standards and meet the various financial deadlines.
- Variance analysis and reconciliation during month of different inventory accounts and correcting errors. Tracing the source of any errors and putting in place measure to stop re-occurrences.
- Prepare, Approve and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture. Provide advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- Conduct related Inventory standard process for closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines
- Implement best practices in RAC viz. lean six sigma practices and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Assist and support other GFC teams/groups as required
- Work closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits.
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- ACCA/CA/CPA qualified
- 3+ years of experience.
- A detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- US GAAP
- Key accounting skills - an in depth knowledge of Double Entry Book-keeping, Account Reconciliation, Accounting Concepts for inventory, revenue and Cost, Accrual etc.
- Excellent SAP, Hyperion and MS office skills.
- Soft-skills- Excellent communication and presentation skills, networking & relationship building, Team working, Analytical skills, Decision making/ finding solutions, Self-motivation and drive
- Contract interpretation skills.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.