Development of business intelligence / analytical / reporting products and outputs, managing groups of BI developers to achieve the desired product outcomes on time/budget, and ensuring quality/standards are applied throughout.
BI Development Responsibilities
- Create high quality BI / analytical / reporting products and services, on time / budget
- Ensure that all BI products and services comply with Cloudfm standards / quality frameworks
- Working closely with the Development team, ensure that BI / analytical / reporting products can be easily integrated into / work effectively alongside software applications / products.
- Undertake continuous data / output testing, validation and verification activities to ensure that BI / analytical / reporting products and services correctly represent business activities
- Support and maintain the 'dictionary' / 'information model(s)' setting out BI / analytical / reporting methods, rules and algorithms, and ensure that the business fully understands the use of these to correctly understand and interpret business data.
- Work with Cloudfm business teams, and others, to identify BI / analytical / reporting requirements, and specify appropriate output–based solutions to meet those needs.
- Support and contribute to 'information use' training courses to up–skill Cloudfm colleagues, and others, in the effective use and exploitation of business data
- Investigate and resolve any BI / analytical / reporting queries, and provide detailed explanations / responses to such queries, and if needed, adjust/modify products to provide better outputs.
- Investigate and recommend suitable software solutions and technologies to meet our internal (and external) client requirements/needs
- Managing your time / commitments effectively, ensuring that BI development prioritisation is effective, and is responsive to the needs of Cloudfm internal (and external) clients
- Ensuring proper development and release methods and controls are implemented across all BI / analytical / reporting solutions
- Creation of appropriate documentation / records of BI developments, such that others can understand and maintain those solutions effectively
Managerial / Leadership Responsibilities
- Professional Leadership of more junior colleagues to ensure that BI / analytical / reporting products and services are effective, meet our customers' needs and are designed and built to Cloudfm standards.
- Supporting the Lead Business Intelligence Developer(s) in delivering BI / analytical / reporting products on time/budget
- Contributing to Corporate and Team objectives, including contributing to strategies, plans and directions as required
- Contributing to the creation of data 'dictionaries' and 'information models', to define, categorise and record the methods, rules and algorithms used to derive BI / analytical / reporting outputs
- Contributing to data quality assurance and promotion activities across the business
- Contributing to technical designs, standards and implementation patterns for BI / analytical / reporting products and services.