Working in the London finance team of this well establish leading European private equity house, you will be part of the team that has oversight for fund and corporate accounting activities.
This role provides the foundation for the effective running of the tam and comprises a wide range of financial activities and is an excellent career opportunity for a committed accountant within the private equity sector.
A leading Private Equity house with over 15 billion euros invested across 30+ businesses since its establishment. Based in Central London. Team of 6 in Finance.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your role will be broad and include:
- Banking and treasury including maintaining cashbooks and preparation of bank reconciliations
- Management of expenses
- Prepare and reconcile supplier payments
- Payments runs and approvals
- Preparation of advisory fee and cost recharges
- Aged receivables reporting control and debtor management
- Day to day responsibility for sales and purchase ledgers
- Accounts up to trial balance level
- VAT returns monthly
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit files
- Supporting the team with budgeting and forecasting
- Assisting with quarterly reporting packs
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
Strong academics are essential - you must have a 1st class of 2.1 degree from a redbrick university and have strong A Levels grades (A and B grades).
You must have some previous accounting experience either via a placement year or post graduation and be comfortable with transactional finance elements.
Profiles from candidates with Financial Services or Professional Services experience preferred. Applications from Big Four Audit candidates also welcomed.
Commitment to studying for the ACCA, CIMA or ACA essential.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary and benefits package including generous discretionary bonus. Full study support for the accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA).