Senior Business Partner, Corporate Strategy
- Lead and manage the full set of accounts of a foreign-registered company, liaise with local accountant for timely closure of monthly and year-end accounts, periodic reporting of financial performance and preparation of audited financial statements. Drive resolution on issues related to accounting operations for the company. Responsible for all corporate secretarial and legal matters, liaising with company secretary and lawyer to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Oversee the financial operations of a subsidiary of a statutory board, with overview of the financial performance, internal control and governance. Responsible for financial year-end closing, leading to the timely preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual financial/statutory reports, in compliance with FRS and other statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the consistency of accounting treatment across all subsidiaries of the statutory board. This role requires in-depth understanding and practical implementation of the Financial Reporting Standards.
- Responsible for the overall governance of all subsidiaries of the statutory board. Review and update the Corporate Governance Practice handbook for compliance by subsidiaries.
- Review of cost recovery model and service agreement between statutory board and subsidiaries.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on audit/accounting issues
- Assist in ad-hoc divestment and incorporation matters, involving liaison with financial and legal advisors, shareholders and parent Ministry.
- A good Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional accounting qualification
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience gained in a big 4 accounting firm and/or commerce
- Strong interpersonal, communication and business partnering skills are required in order to work across functions and levels of management
- Candidate must be a pro-active, independent,meticulous and hands-on team-player.
Applications close: 30 Apr 2019