- Carry out due diligence of sites, comprising detailed catchment areas, demographic, competition and wealth profile analysis.
- Assist the Development Consultant in preparing the Investment Proposals to gain Board approval from both our UK and US based stakeholders.
- Produce financial appraisals for each site, factoring in project financing, care home model configuration, fee analysis, wage cost analysis, staffing ratios, P&L current, year 1 and year 2 forecasting, development costs and land valuation.
- Liaise with an external research consultancy on Acquisition Due Diligence reports. Analyse their draft report and compare with your own due diligence.
- Review potential Development sites with the Development Consultant.
- Review the quality of competition in a given catchment.
- Liaise with Quantity Surveyors and Structural Engineers to establish development costs for Development Appraisal. Liaise with Planning Consultants to seek planning advice on potential development sites. Liaise with architects to design care home schemes that are suitable operationally and in adherence with planning requirements.
- Maintain the development pipeline of opportunities and update on a weekly basis.
- Maintain, analyse and circulate weekly Marketing Summary Reports, tracking the number and sources of enquiries per care home, as well as occupancy movements.
- Use the Marketing Summary Reports, analyse monthly data including enquiries, admissions, discharges and deaths. Use this data to prepare the Senior Management meeting report. Liaise with Group Marketing Manager to distribute report.
- Analyse the source of our telephone data and publish results in the Senior Management Meeting Report.
- Update monthly occupancy movements for the Board Pack and circulate to the finance team.
- Complete Health and Safety report for Board Pack.
- Complete resident/staff questionnaire analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Analyse and interpret Intercall Call Bell frequency and response times on a monthly basis. Distribute to the operations team ahead of the Senior Management meeting.
- Carry out ad–hoc analysis on performance of operational care homes.
- Prepare presentations for the Development Consultant, as and when required.
- Update Corporate Structure and Personnel Chart, as and when required.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Previous analytical experience essential.
- Strong desire to liaise with people outside finance and work with the wider business.
- Real estate experience preferable but not essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Flora Vivian: quoting reference FV50123.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see .