Fund Financial Controller - Real Estate - Exclusive Assignment
A leading real estate investment manager seeks the talents seeks of a Fund Controller to be responsible for a flagship fund.
It is an exciting time to join; they have already completed a number of impressive deals, and the continued growth has brought about the need for this hire within the Finance team. They are a rewarding business who develop their staff, the finance team is highly regarded and supports the investment team on the life cycle of the investments.
As the Fund Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the external Jersey Fund administrators performing all accounting work including:
- Monthly/quarterly NAV calculation
- Monthly/quarterly distribution calculations
- Review of quarterly management accounts
- Co–ordinate quarterly financial statements and investor capital statements for the Funds and Investments as well as investor specific reporting.
- Responsible for cash and liquidity management and monitoring of Funds' expenses to budget
- Coordination of risk management reporting to asset management and board quarterly
- Assist in preparing information for investor reporting including quarterly update report, annual financial statements, manager report, interim financial statements and any ad hoc reporting regarding significant transactions
- Work closely with the Asset Management team on financial aspects of investments including tracking budget to actual by property
- Reporting on compliance with limits and guidelines in trust instrument and other related documents
- Coordinating the annual audit for the Fund with Fund administrator and audit firm
- Assist in coordination of necessary Jersey and UK tax filing obligations, including VAT returns, of Fund and related entities
- Assist in asset management processes such as quarterly debt reporting, compliance with credit facility covenants and ad hoc drawdowns/repayments on credit facility
- Assist in tracking and responding to investor requests in a timely manner
Eager to hear from qualified accountants (ACA or equivalent) currently working for a real estate competitor fund. The role has a great deal of autonomy which requires a quick thinker when it comes to resolving problems as well as strong communication as you'll visible to the whole business.
With bonuses around the corner, the client is prepared to wait for the right person even if that means a May/June start date.
For further information contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin on or email