Chartered Accountant - Accutor Ltd, Malta
- Minimum of 2-3 years post-qualification experience in an accountancy practice
- Candidate must be a citizen within the EU.
- Must be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant qualification: ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Must have excellent book-keeping skills, payroll knowledge.
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer.
- Must have excellent project management and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be passionate about the coaching and development of other team members.
- Must have strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a creative way.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally, internally and externally.
- Must have a proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues. Furthermore, some experience of managing international clients would be preferable.
- Language Skills – in addition to a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English. Fluency in the spoken form of another European language is preferable but not essential.
- Responsible for preparation of Limited Company Statutory Accounts, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports along with ensuring statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Responsible for producing quarterly and yearly declarations of social securities and taxes as well as company declarations of employees’ salary and submission of salary reports.
- Maintaining a portfolio of external audit clients for whom you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison, solving technical issues and preparing business and personal tax calculations.
- Assessing the corporate tax and VAT compliance obligations in various territories and coordinating with other teams to fulfil any tax filing obligations.
- Evaluating the impact of significant tax legislative changes across the world on the tax position of our entities.
- Dealing with cash and bank accounts and Intercompany reconciliations as well as cross entity recharges and reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Assisting on a wide range of ad hoc advisory projects, including consideration of financial information and reading relevant legal documentation.
- Assisting with the practical implementation of ad hoc projects, both from a compliance perspective and a transaction/project perspective.
- Involvement and active participation in internal meetings and training/ workshops.