Great opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our accountancy company and become a key addition to our team, with fantastic progression prospects. Tax plays a large part in this role; accordingly, you should demonstrate strong ability in VAT, PAYE, Self-Assessment tax and corporation tax for small, medium and large companies. This position would attract you if you are looking for a positive move upwards in seniority and responsibility from compliance and advisory role. We operate from an impressive office near central London.
Key responsibilities for Senior Accountant role:
- To perform the firm's review and completion procedures on statutory accounts, management accounts and VAT returns, liaising with the client/director where required to ensure successful completion.
- Assist with tax compliance, corporation tax computations and general VAT issues.
- To provide close support to the team, providing answers to clients or other team members on technical issues and accounting processes.
- Completing basic tax computations.
- Composing correspondence to tax office, registrar of companies and others.
- Undertaking specific accounting projects as required.
Successful candidates for this Senior Accountant role will have:
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements and good confidence in accounts preparation;
- Ability to produce/process complex management accounts and forecasts;
- At least 2 years working in a similar role;
- Excellent IT skills, experience with Sage50, Payroll, Tax filer would be advantageous;
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong Excel Skills;
- Well organized, enthusiastic and self-motivated team player you will have a thorough and systematic approach to work;
- Ability to work independently and to manage own workload;
- Strong accounts production skills.
Competitive Salary, experience depending (£30,000-£40,000)
Flexible working hours