Pension Audit Semi-Senior
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Pensions Audit team. We provide a wide range of audit and wider assurance services to pension schemes sponsored by private, public and international companies across various sectors. We audit over 100 pension schemes annually. Our people are committed to delivering best-in-class assurance services that really adds value to the trustee governance of these schemes not just mundane minimum compliance. We are looking to recruit a Semi-Senior. You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements. You will have direct access to partners and the ability to provide a valued opinion within the team.
Main duties & responsibilities
- In charge auditor for pension scheme audits taking full responsibility for the audit to manager / director review level.
- Carry out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm’s professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit managers.
- Work collaboratively with your colleagues, supporting the team in delivering a quality audit to timetable, and contribute to a continuous improvement ethos for the team and providing insightful comments for managers to consider for reporting to clients.
- Effectively support your team to ensure work fulfils audit objectives and quality standards.
- Record and document work undertaken and conclusions reached, using computerised audit tool.
- Active engagement with client staff /administrators (face-to-face, email and telephone) in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure external confirmations of client balances are received and checked on a timely basis.
- Preparing reports detailing issues found and recommending corrective and preventative actions to resolve them.
- Assist in the review of draft financial statements to help identify and correct typographical or other errors.
Requirements/ essential skills / Attributes
- IATI qualified/ ACCA part qualified / CIMA part qualified (or already qualified)
- QFA qualification desirable
- Understanding of the financial statements of pension scheme would be an advantage.
- very organised and efficient
- strong problem solving skills
- strong technical competence
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- initiative and attention to detail
- strong client focus with excellent oral and written communication skills
- flexible and adaptable to learning/taking on new tasks and responsibilities
- Pensions and/or auditing experience preferred but not essential. (Training and support will be given)
- this position offers an attractive remuneration package
- an out-going person, who likes team work and can work on own initiative
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.