A fantastic permanent role for a full time Accounts Assistant position based in central Macclesfield.
Working for a very well established, reputable and successful organisation. Based in a highly supportive and friendly team.
This role is reporting into the Management Accountant.
The duties include:
- Preparation of accurate core postings to monthly deadline
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation and posting of journals
- Reconciliation and payment of VAT
- Creation of BACS & cheque payment runs
- Posting of entries to Sage
- Sending remittance advices and processing receipts
- Dealing with queries on payments and receipts
- Negotiating reductions in invoices and posting revised figures to the system
- Tidying the purchase ledger and sales ledger, posting invoices, credit notes and write offs
- Dealing with daily banking
- Chasing payment from our customers
- Arranging payments
- Reconciling the intercompany account with the Management Accountant
The successful candidate MUST:
- Have experience working in a similar position - Essential
- Be a strong communicator at all levels - Essential
- Have used Sage - Desirable
- Be adaptable and flexible to the needs of the business - Essential
- Have strong MS Excel skills - Desirable
This role is looking to pay from £22,000 to £25,000 per annum + Pension + Discounts + Generous holidays