Accounting Manager - APAC
Are you a motivated and result-oriented accountant with a passion for financial management? Daniel Wellington in Hong Kong is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to serve as a key member of the Daniel Wellington APAC regional team. If you have leadership experience and are driven to accomplish goals, this is for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a proven track record of success in a vital financial management role covering APAC. As a key leader for an industry-leading global organization, you will be an important player in the regional team’s future success.
WHAT YOU’LL BE UP TO
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Business Controlling of APAC and with our accountants in local markets reporting to you with dotted line, this role will have direct responsibility for accurate and timely reporting for the region. As a member of both the regional team and the global finance team, the Accounting Manager will be critical to the organization’s success.
In this role, you will need to be very hands on as you have full responsibility for everything from an accounting perspective in the region. The Accounting Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating and supervising the day-to-day accounting operations and financial controlling. You will be the first line support to the local accountants being able to problem solve and align processes across the region. In short, your main responsibilities will be:
- Guarantee 100% compliance with all relevant local legislation (e.g. statutory accounting standards, tax law, civil law) and internal group accounting guidelines
- Assure timely submission of accurate financial information to all stakeholders (e.g. tax authorities, other local authorities)
- Effectively control the cash flow for the business
- Managing the year-end audit process
- Establishing an effective tax management in cooperation with the tax specialists and external tax advisors
- Identify financial risk and propose mitigating actions (currency, market risk)
- Implement internal controls and maintain approval hierarchies
- Responsible for controlling reconciliations across the entities in APAC including all bank reconciliations
- Setup and supervise financial controlling framework for the region to ensure a consistent and high-quality accounting data
- Implement reporting and monitoring of financial KPIs
- Manage the COA and dimensions to ensure alignment across the region and compliance with group guidelines
- Responsible for the timely compilation of the monthly and annual closings including the communication of the closing timetable within the organization
- Manage the month end closing process by supporting local accounting teams and ensure that the deadlines are met
- Support with accrual and deferral entries as well as revaluations, write-offs and provisions
- Reconcile all clearing and intercompany accounts and prepare the annual statutory financial statements
- Conduct a thorough review of all monthly reports and financial statements prior to the submission to HQ or authorities, making corrections as needed
PROJECTS / OPTIMIZATION
- Support with optimization of manual processes in accounting across APAC
- Participate in projects across the organization
WHAT YOU’RE GREAT AT
You are amazing at managing your priorities while working with multiple stakeholders in different departments and different areas of your defined region. You have strong self-leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as strategic thinking and a creative mind.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience in a similar role preferably from similar industry (inventory experience)
- Experience with Microsoft NAV Dynamics (Navision) or similar ERP system
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to drive business initiatives
- Great analytical skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
In this job you get to work in a fast-paced and rapid-growing environment where you need to be flexible from day-to-day. You will spend your days with a highly skilled team who are all ambitious and who love to do a great job. And have fun while doing so. We want you to come in, take ownership of your area of responsibility and make sure you take our brand experience to new levels. If you are the right person we will offer you a great role, in a fun company with great benefits. Join us in our exciting journey ahead.