My client is seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their growing Finance team based in Luton.
My client is a hugely successful international business with offices based locally in Luton. Due to their continued growth, they are looking to add to their Finance team and offer opportunity for future career development.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Prepare and review the financial journals: prepayments, accruals, depreciation, reconciliations etc
- Support month end processes including all reconciliations and production of the group's statutory financial statement
- Regularly work with various team members to ensure that all accounting/ credit control/ finance transactions, systems and controls are handled effectively
- Work along side the credit controller in monitoring the daily cashflow movement in regarding to the invoices. Assist the manage in reviewing daily account reconciliations
- Group transactions and reconciliations. Prepare analysis reports as necessary
- Overview and work with team members to assure that all reconciliations and checking they are handled properly.
- Work with the team members to prepare and submit the KPI reports to the manager, such as credit control and banks
- Ensure that debtors and invoice finance reconciliations are completed by the agreed deadline date
- Prepare and ensure that HMRC, ECSL and Intrastat submission are submitted by the agreed deadline date
- Prepare quarterly VAT reconciliation and reconcile to ECSL and Intrastat
- Bank and financial auditors - work closely with the manager to understand the requirements by auditors, and provide the necessary information to ensure that the auditing process is held professionally with a satisfactory outcome
- Assist the manager on annual budget and monthly forecasts
- When there is ad-hoc works/ projects required, assist the manager and team to prepare and complete the requirements
The successful Assistant Accountant will have:
- Experience in a similar role including Management Accounts experience
- Accounting knowledge such as: reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors), prepayments, accruals, journal etc
- Part Qualified accounting certificate in ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- To be hands on when understanding, analysing and resolving problems
- Good understanding of computer systems and ability to transform data to information using analysis and excel skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience within credit control, treasury and invoice finance system
The salary on offer is between £28,000 and £30,000 dependent upon experience and level of qualification.