Reporting to the Head of Client Accounting, this Accounts Supervisor role will support, guide and advise a small team of six in the Client Accounting department. You will assist with the implementation of systems and procedures to enable the smooth and efficient handling of all the department processes and ensure all deadlines are met.
Established over 25 years ago, my client is a well-established property management business with over 30,000 homes across the UK, working with some of the top 10 developers in the UK. Due to growth, they are looking to recruit a new Accounts Supervisor to oversee a team of six within the Salisbury Head Office.
As an Accounts Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the employees responsible for all client accounting matters (all aspects including budgeting, treasury management, service charge, purchase ledger, billings and credit control).
- Assist with the development of procedures and controls to improve the responsiveness, timeliness and accuracy of all outputs of the department.
- Promote the department as a key business partner to the property management team.
- Work closely with external business partners (contractors, external auditors, solicitors and accountants) to maintain a consistently high standard of service to clients.
- Provide KPI's and reporting for the Head of Client Accounting.
- Together with the support of internal resources and external providers, continuously look for efficiencies in the use of systems and applications used to support the team.
- Motivate and develop the team members, provide training, development and performance review plans when required.
- Support, guide and advise the Client Accounting team on the daily processes ensuring all time frames are met.
- Carry out annual appraisals with direct-line reports.
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience working within an Accounting role.
- Experience supervising/managing is desirable, not essential.
- Property Management background is desirable, not essential.
- No qualifications necessary.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Competitive Salary.
- Competitive Benefits
- Opportunity to oversee a whole Finance Team.
- Opportunity for study support if desired.