Finance Analyst – Fixed Assets
Satisfying the world’s thirst is a big job, and we’re proud to do it.
If you’re looking for a company where you can do your best work and make millions of people smile a little bit each day, you’ve come to the right place.
The world’s best brand wouldn’t be possible without the world’s best employees.
Around here, we are all Leaders and brand ambassadors. The Leadership Behaviors we are passionate about are: Driving Innovation, Acting Like an Owner, Collaborating with Key Stakeholders, Inspiring Others, and Developing Self. These are not just words; these are actions that we live by.
Happiness comes in many packages.
At Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited, excellence is encouraged and rewarded. Here you can have a career that is as diverse and refreshing as our brands. We know that a refreshing career and personal life depend in part on your continued well-being and future financial security. That’s why we offer a variety of programs to cover health, finances and retirement. Taste the sparkling rewards of your efforts.
The Finance Analyst - Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for the execution of accounting processes related to Property Plant and Equipment. Activities include maintenance of the fixed asset register, depreciation roll forward schedule, account reconciliation, journal entry preparation and posting, financial reporting and analysis, validation of monthly Fixed Asset activity.
- Manage assigned accounting function to ensure the accuracy, integrity, timeliness and quality of the Fixed Asset Sub-Ledger
- Participate in the development of strategy and planning for the department and for initiating process improvements to increase efficiencies and automation of accounting processes
- Ensure sub-ledger and general ledger processes are in place and maintained to include required documentation
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners
- Point person for fixed asset processes and systems
- Ensure timely and accurate financial data
- Ensure compliance with Canadian ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises)
- Special Projects and Additional Reporting as Needed
- Champion New Projects that Involve Fixed Assets
Required Education, Professional Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Working towards obtaining an accounting designation
- 2 or more years of experience in accounting including account analysis and reconciliation
- Proficient in SAP and above average Microsoft Excel and Access are required
- Excellent analytical, planning, interpersonal and communication skills