Finance Business Analyst - full or part time
Michael Page are pleased to be working with St Peter's Hospice to recruit a Finance Business Analyst in to their finance team.
St Peter's is a hospice charity that offers a range of high quality services to adults with life limiting illnesses and their families and carers. Income to support the charity is generated through a wide range of sources including fundraising and shops. It employs over 460 staff that work across over 50 sites and in the community.
They are looking for an experienced accountant to work with the Hospice to implement a programme of change; making a significant difference to finance and the business functions they serve.
You will be expected to implement changes that deliver value for the business through provision of better information, faster delivery of reports, a greatly improved user experience and enhanced stewardship. The required changes include the automation of processes, system assessments and improvements and reviewing and redesigning accounting processes.
You will be a self-starter with experience of bringing about change. You will be able to engage with stakeholders at all levels. You will understand and support our cause and be able to fit within a small and close knit team.
The main purpose is the effective coordination and delivery of significant changes to our finance systems and processes. The post holder will be required to project-manage small projects or work packages within larger programmes to implement solutions. Projects may involve several teams and functions as well as technical input.
- Work with the Finance Manager to identify possible improvements. This will require analyses of current processes, systems and data flows as well as understanding the business needs and available technologies.
- Categorise improvements within the framework defined by St Peter's; small change through to large projects.
- Prepare business cases as required.
- Develop effective relationships within the finance team and the wider business.
- Perform detailed assessments of the systems and processes affected by proposed changes; understanding all impacts of the change. Designing innovative and creative solutions to identified needs ensuring accounting integrity and process alignment.
- Ensure that systems and processes enable the Hospice to continue to meet legislative requirements, support the Hospice's business needs and enable effective and efficient service delivery.
- Work with the Data Analyst in ensuring effective, efficient and integrated reporting of financial and non-financial information.
- Take a significant role in the management, design, delivery and implementation of finance change projects; large and small.
- Utilise defined change management and project management methodologies that will ensure that finance and other business functions can fully adopt the new systems and/or processes and that the change delivers the defined benefits.
- Support the implementation plans including staff training, support to user acceptance testing, writing process notes and addressing any issues or concerns that arise.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects and small changes.
- Develop and maintain a mechanism for clearly tracking expected benefits and feedback any learning into current or upcoming projects.
- Prepare project proposals and business cases, project highlight reports and benefits realisation tracking reports for delivery to the Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernise systems, and be able to advise on options for improving systems or processes.
- Perform other duties as required by the Finance Manager.
Competitive package, part time working will be considered.