BSE Global seeks a highly motivated self–starter with an unparalleled work ethic. Under general direction and supervision, this position is mainly responsible for reviewing and recording operating expenses through the purchasing and payables process. This position works closely with Accounts Payable clerks and reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and records all operating expenses related activity across the organization to the general ledger
- Reconciles the balance sheet for related activity and records any required adjusting entries
- Prepares other journal entries as required;
- Performs bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations as assigned:
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for year–end audits;
- Analyzes internal processes; recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations;
- Other projects as assigned by the CFO, VP/Controller
Education and/or Experience
- Accounting degree required;
- Experience working in Finance or Accounting department (1–2 years) preferred
- Background in sports and/or entertainment preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data;
- Preference will be given to candidates with, or working towards, a CPA certification
- Prior experience with NetSuite Financial System a plus
- Must be able to understand and explain accounting principles, as well as understand financial statements;
- Must be highly ethical and discrete in order to respect, protect and maintain confidential/private information including company documents and records;
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision–making skills are highly desired;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole.
- Proven ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
May be required to travel on rare occasions (
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, may be expected to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.