Weekly Hours: 39
The Finance department based in the Cork Campus supports all functions of Apple in EMEiA, including the European Sales Fulfillment, European Logistics, Manufacturing & Asia Pac Operations as well as being the Shared Services Centre for EMEiA
This role is in the Operations Finance team & reports to the Logistics & Supply Chain Finance Manager. There are 6 qualified accountants working in the team. Each team member actively engages with the local business teams to provide analytical & decision-making support and responsible for quarter end close & forecasting activities within their function
This role supports the Operations Business team & is primarily responsible for the fulfilment costs within that business area. It interfaces directly with the key Operations Support organizations, which includes Logistics, Trade Compliance, Supply/Demand Planning & Customer Fulfilment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach
- Possess strong technical skills with an ability to deal with large volumes of data & summarise key aspects
- Deliver in a dynamic work environment & to strive for excellence
- Positive energy & attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement & change
- Ability to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovate
- Possess candour and resilience that allows them succeed in a challenging environment
- Ambition to succeed at a senior level within a large multi-national organisation
- You will be self-motivated, curious & flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
- Reporting to the EMEIA Logistics & Supply Chain Finance Manager, these include:
- Freight & Duty P&L and Balance Sheet Management;
- Provision of critical metrics & Management metrics to help the business understand key cost drivers;
- Lead quarterly management review of Fulfilment Costs to senior site personnel
- Actively work with the business to identify opportunities for cost reduction & track these through to collection of savings;
- Lead finance team in supporting annual supplier freight rate negotiations
- Partner with the other members of the Logs & SC Finance team to develop an understanding of the overall business & provide key inputs to Operations Business reviews
- Provide ad-hoc support to the EMEiA management team;
- Provide back up to other Logistics & Supply Chain Finance team members
- Deliver exceptional support to Logs & SC Manager, continually seeking new areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Accountant
* We do not use recruitment agencies.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.