New Ireland IT function supports the change and running of 12 critical applications, and up to 80 other applications, required to run the life assurance business day to day.
The New Ireland IT function supports the full end to end life cycle for these applications.
The role is open to actuaries, qualified and non-qualified, who would like the opportunity to take the lead role in a newly formed Actuarial Quotations department. The Actuarial Quotations department will be responsible for the management of the NBQ, EBQ, POI and Policy Review systems.
The successful candidate will be asked to drive the quotations strategy of the company, manage the resources of the team to meet system delivery deadlines, link in with the business and the IT department to implement commercial and regulatory changes to our quotations systems and to provide expert technical knowledge to the wider business.
The role reports to the Head of IT with a "dotted-line" to the Commercial Director. The successful candidate will lead a team of 2 actuarial students. It is an exciting opportunity for an actuary looking to gain managerial experience and exposure to dealing with senior managers within the company.
- Drive the quotations strategy of the company.
- New Ireland has reduced its number of quotation systems in recent years but further decommissioning is planned. The candidate will look to manage this transition while ensuring all stakeholders are aware of any benefits/risks involved.
- Link in with the Head of Actuarial Function, PRSA Actuary and Commercial Director as required to ensure business/regulatory aims are being met.
- Develop and improve upon existing quotation testing tools and look to ensure where possible that where systems capability does not exist, that Customer Service have access to an alternative workaround.
- Manage the business-as-usual policy review process
- Manage quotes system issues investigation
- Manage, develop and lead a team of specialists. The team are provided with direction and support for learning and development to empower personal ownership in executing their responsibilities.
- Link in with CRP framework if required to ensure that systems issues are resolved in a timely manner. Provide expert input to the remediation department.
The role holder will be an actuary, qualified or non-qualified with experience of the Life and Pensions business.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to take a strategic view
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, and providing supervision, direction and support to other members of the team
- Excellent communication, relationship management, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative in problem identification and solutions provision using a systematic and organised approach to their work
- Highly motivated
- Very strong team player
- Flexibility and experience of managing changing priorities effectively
- Takes personal responsibility for accuracy and quality
- Excellent continuous improvement experience, including best principles
- A detailed understanding of the regulatory environment
- Developed people management skills
- Communicating - level 2
- Delivering Quality - level 2
- Influencing - level 2
- Working Together - level 2
- Setting and Meeting Priorities - level 2
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Feb 28, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.