- Leading on year-end within the social housing space.
-Add value from day one in this role.
Our client is a leading social housing provider based in London. The have an exciting period of growth coming up with ambitious development plans. The are looking for someone to lead them through the year-end process and add value along the way.
- Leading the annual audit and production of consolidated Financial Statements, main point of contact for the external audit team and internal stakeholders.
- The production of the tax accounts as well as tax returns, in particular corporation tax and VAT
- Leading the income recognition process, including income control sheets, monthly income postings, credit control
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing responses to technical accounting questions as they arise, including supporting papers as necessary
To develop and maintain a necessary control and reconciliations checklist to present to the Finance Director.
To check and confirm that new accounting processes, e.g. ground rent and management charges, direct debits, are being accounted for on a timely basis and accurately and precisely.
To operationally manage the property assets and ensure correct posting of rents and costs.
- At least five year's experience of accounting, including leading on year-end.
- Must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA).
- Experience of reconciling accounts and attention to detail.
- Experience of using Excel and other accounting systems.
- Experience of working within social housing.
£250 - £350 a day dependant on experience.