Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax Advisory, Hong Kong
What we do
We build lasting relationships with clients. Our Hong Kong Corporate Tax team has a diverse client portfolio and our focus is to understand our clients’ needs and goals. We offer strategic advice to clients to help them with business decisions impacted by tax issues and in the process, help them manage their tax risks.
Our people are allocated to specific client teams on a project by project basis, taking into account the level of experience required, their development needs and availability. Projects and client teams are typically cross-disciplined and advice on various types of related tax advisory services, including tax due diligence and structuring, tax compliance and technology enabled outcomes, tax audit and investigation. Our people are heavily involved in advising clients on regional and global projects to meet business and tax objectives.
Your role in Tax
You will become the expert in providing tax advice and tax services to a wide range of clients in all sectors of the economy. This involves designing tax-efficient strategies for multinational and domestic clients across business situations. You will deliver insights that help business leaders to make confident business decisions across various business lines. You will monitor and anticipate changes to tax legislation and respond quickly with advice specific to clients’ requirements.
Skills and qualities
A career as a tax advisor at KPMG will provide you the opportunity to build relationship with clients and work closely with our high-performing teams from different functions. If you want to grow to be considered an expert in your knowledge area and if you enjoy analysing problems, this role is for you.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and deliver the full range of KPMG Corporate Tax services
- Working with clients and cross functional project teams to develop commercial solutions which addresses their business needs
- Provide Hong Kong tax advisory and compliance services to clients in various sectors and markets
- Management of regional tax projects
- Participating in the development, promotion and implementation of tax process transformation for the firm and its clients
- Producing reports and presentations for clients.
- Bachelor degree.
- 2 – 4 years of Hong Kong Corporate Tax experience with CPA firms is preferred. Candidate’s with more experience may be considered for Manager/Senior Manager positions
- Professional qualification (Accounting or Legal) encouraged.
- Ability to make sensible recommendations based on a sound assessment of advice and information gathered
- A positive team player with ability to show initiative to help drive projects forward
- Strong presentation skills with an excellent command of verbal and written English; fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin is preferred but not essential
- Overseas applicants are welcome to apply
What to expect from KPMG
We believe in purpose driven jobs that reward people. We find out what people are good at, then offer them a career path that lets them do a job they enjoy. We view our employees as our most valuable assets. We offer a rewarding, achievable career path with an attractive remuneration package and full benefits to our employees.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.