Group Payroll Manager
Group Payroll Manager
Our client is a FTSE 250 international, market leading company, recruiting an experienced payroll manager to add to their high calibre management team.
The Group Payroll Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering an accurate, efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring best practice and that the business remains compliant with HMRC/Irish Revenue and other International jurisdictions, whilst maintaining the financial integrity and legal compliance for the business payrolls.
The role will also develop and deliver Employee Benefit programmes across the Group (UK & Ireland) aligning requirements to the individual Business Units. This includes the management and co–ordination of annual benefit cycles (including but not limited to Private Healthcare Scheme, UK SAYE scheme/Ireland Profit Share/LTIP and bonus).
- Lead and manage the Payroll team, ensuring that the team are fully supported and highly motivated to deliver a first–class service
- Lead on all aspects of the payroll function, ensuring compliance with the latest relevant legislation, statutory filing deadlines, and internal controls and management reporting requirements, liaising with Suppliers, HMRC/Irish Revenue and other International jurisdictions, Finance and other internal/external functions as appropriate
- Oversee the accurate, timely and efficient processing of all aspects of all payrolls for employees and the Company (9 x UK payrolls and 2 x Irish Payrolls) covering 6,000+ employees
- In collaboration with HR, Finance and other support functions to improve and develop processes, to deliver and implement improvements
- Provide technical support for payroll, reward and benefits to ensure legal/compliance requirements
- Work with the Payroll team and BU HR teams to ensure Employee Benefits are being managed effectively
- Oversee the Employee Benefits Programme to ensure compliance and best practice of the schemes
- Lead on continuing to build the relationships with suppliers to ensure that the business achieves best value and choice with its reward and benefits package
- Manage employee benefit projects to ensure that all benefits give good value to the Company and employees ensuring that all schemes are managed efficiently and necessary improvements made
- Provide expert advice for due diligence on payroll & employee benefit matters for Company acquisitions and disposals
- Support HR & Payroll activities related to Group employees
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing/coaching a team to develop individuals to reach their potential.
- Working in a Shared Service environment
- Knowledge and experience of managing a large UK payroll (Irish Payrolls also an advantage)
- Good knowledge of Employee/Payroll/Benefit systems including on line & employee/manager self–service platforms
- Excellent IT skills, MS Office Knowledge, Advanced EXCEL
- Attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload of self and team effectively to meet SLA's
- Excellent Organisational skills and project management
- Ability to multi–task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Passionate about delivering a good service.
- CIPP Qualification desirable although not essential but must have payroll experience
- Experience of CoreHR Software and/or other Payroll Cloud based software, is advantageous
In return for this presitigious role
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Company Pension Contributions
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Free parking
- Life Assurance
- Share saving scheme into parent company
- High Street Retail Discounts & Cashback