An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join an international new-media marketing firm located in the heart of Central London.
The Accounts Assistant will report to Finance Manager. The core duties of the Accounts Assistant will include assisting the current team with: Purchase ledger inputting, Sales ledger inputting, Nominal ledger journals, Reconciliations, Management accounts
International new-media marketing agency, headquartered in London
Initial Responsibilities Accounts Assistant:
- Match vendor invoices to existing purchase orders (sbj. to software implementation).
- Accurately code and process purchase invoices.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling and processing of unique and recurring payments.
- Support internal function in meeting VAT reporting deadline.
- Check invoice approvals and prepare batches for input into our systems.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Handle vendor calls and provide timely and accurate response to all A/P inquiries (vendor or internal). Maintain relations with all vendors.
- Assist in the payment processing runs and monthly system close processes.
- Perform vendor / client account reconciliations.
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
Requirements of the Accounts Assistant:
- Previous experience and confidence performing the above tasks.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA), preferably part-qualified with exams sat and passed. Would also look at AAT qual/studiers.
- Detail orientation and strong analytical skills.
- Above average computer skills (MS office included).
- Good communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player but capable of working alone and self-motivated.
- Must be able to multitask, coping with different workloads across three individual companies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounts package.
- Media/marketing/PR/Communications industry experience (not essential)
Looking to pay up to £30,000 with a comprehensive benefits package that includes study support.